Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TsyrKer

Application Empty
PostSubject: Application   Application Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 2:39 pm

Part 1 - General Information

1. Name & Age: Tim, 20
2. Location & Timezone: California, PST
3. Weekly Availability: atm: mostly everyday evening to late-night & weekend

4. Aeria Forum Name: shadowseekers
5. Character Name: TsyrKer (alpha)
6. Battle/Life Class Levels: Warrior/Blacksmith (alpha)

-----

Part 2 - Gaming

1. What role do you typically like to play in MMOs (DPS, Healer, Support, Tank, etc), and why?
-After playing Ragnarok Online for many many years, I've found myself fond of the Knight class. So with that said, I would most likely prefers a sort of a DPS/Tank type. I think it is because I like being able to do decent damage, while also be able to take a hit. (Bowling Bash FTW!)

2. What are your thoughts on PvP?
-I think PvP is an essential part of every MMO. Unlike fighting regular monsters that have certain acts they followed which you can pretty much know what they're going to do next, fighting another players allows you to test out your true knowledge about the game and its mechanic. I personally prefers big scales PvP battle to a 1-1 duel because unlike regular duels where it's pretty much rock-paper-sciossor, big scales PvP makes you consider the surroundings and many other variables. I would also be lying is I were to say I don't enjoy beating another player.

3. Tell us about your prior MMO experiences.
-My first MMO was Ragnarok Online. I've been playing on tRO even before iRO was released, and then switched to iRO when I moved to the United States. I've grown to love RO and it was probably one of the reason why I decided to play LO. However, I quit RO after renewal because I felt that the game had changed so much that it was not the same game I've grown to love. After RO, I played Aion for a while.

4. Are you able to use Ventrilo and do you have a working mic?
-Yes

5. Do you consider yourself a casual or hardcore gamer, and why?
-If I have to pick one of the two, definitely a hardcore gamer. I even go so far as to remember the grid lines for Bowling Bash for WoE Castles. During my Aion days I was very into raiding, spending 6 hours doing 1 Besh dungeon runs, or that 12 raid. However, what I most enjoyed is probably PvP as I still remember waiting 2 times a week for that lovely 2 hours WoE in RO.

-----

Part 3 - Conclusion

1. What do you enjoy most about MMOs?
-If I have to pick one aspect of it, it's probably being able to socialize with people. I like being on ventrilo with other people from all around the globe and being able to talk to them, ask/answer questions; not just about the games but about anything.
Large Scale PvP + voice chat is probably my most favorite combination.

2. What are your expectations of us? Why do you belong in Skylark?
-My expectation of the guild is mostly a mature community of people with open mind that I can engage in a conversation with, and to have an enjoyable time while playing the game. I believe I belong in Skylark because I like being able to be useful to other people and being able to enjoy the game to the fullest, and I believe I could do such things here.

3. Is there anything else you'd like us to know about you?
-Since I live in a college housing most of the years, during the weekend, my background music might be pretty loud. If it gets too loud in ventrilo, please tell me. Also, since english is not my first language, if I make any grammars mistakes, feel frees to correct me, I would greatly appreciate it.

4. Were you referred here by anyone? If so who?
- Kaos
Back to top Go down
Arlus
Clam Lider
Arlus

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 2:52 pm

Welcome! Be sure to post in the introduction forum. You can also find chatango on the home page and the vent information in the guild resource forum. Hope to see you around :)
Back to top Go down
http://skylark.omgforum.net

Application
Page 1 of 1